This delicious roasted mushroom breakfast is a great way to start your day with a serve of vegetables.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 4 large flat mushrooms, stems trimmed
- 1 lemon, rind finely grated, juiced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 tbsp chives, chopped
- 2 slices wholegrain bread, toasted
- 2 tsp margarine
- Preheat oven to 220°C (fan forced).
- Place the mushrooms, stem side up, in a lightly greased roasting pan.
- Combine 2 tbsp of the lemon juice and all of the oil in a small jug and whisk to combine.
- Drizzle lemon juice and oil mixture over the mushrooms and season them with freshly ground pepper.
- Roast the mushrooms for 10 15 minutes, or until tender.
- While the mushrooms are roasting, mix the lemon rind and herbs together in a small bowl.
- Spread each slice of toast with 1 tsp margarine and put it onto a serving plate.
- Top each slice of toast with two mushrooms and sprinkle over lemon rind and herb mixture.
- Season with freshly ground pepper. Serve immediately.