How to Make Jewelry With Wire and
- Transcript Header:
- How to jewelry making easy?
- Transcript Body:
- 1. How to Jewelry Making?http://howtowirejewelry.4useful.com/How to Make Jewelry With Wire and Guide AboutMaking Jewelry with Wire
- 2. Hammered wire: 1. Hammered wire: Nothing gives wire an artisan feel like texturing it with a few good hammer whacks. Texture also adds interest to wire and can mean the difference between a modern or contemporary-feeling piece of jewelry and a warmer, more rustic or vintage-feeling piece. Tip: Remember that if you hammer overlapping wires, it can weaken the metal where it overlaps.
- 3. 2. Spiraled wire: Rolling wire into a spiral turns a long, straight, skinny, sometimes boring material into a substantial, curvy, more interesting jewelry design element with depth and dimension. Form the wire into a pointed spiral and you have a leaf; roll into a multi- layered spiral and you have a rose like these shown here; or wire together about five spirals and you have flower petals. Spirals turn flat wire into metal shapes and three-dimensional design elements.
- 4. 3. Flattened paddles In my Bead Fest wire and metal master class with Mary Hettmansperger last August, I was introduced to the beauty and genius of paddled wire ends. Such a simple thing, hammering the ends (or even all) of the wire gives it a whole new look and creates new ways to use it in jewelry designs. It also creates "stops" that will hold other materials in place; for example, you can paddle one end of a wire pin, slide on a bead with a hole too small to slip over the paddled end, and then make a loop or paddle the other end too, to create a dangle of it. Its also fun to weave those flattened wires, over-under style, to make a woven metal piece out of just wire.
- 5. FOR COMPLETE GUIDEhttp://howtowirejewelry.4useful.com/ How to Make Jewelry With Wire andGuide About Making Jewelry with Wire
- 6. FOR COMPLETE GUIDEhttp://howtowirejewelry.4useful.com/ How to Make Jewelry With Wire andGuide About Making Jewelry with WireView More